Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Double Hour

“The Double Hour”, released by Samuel Goldwyn (the only English name you will read in this review) is an Italian production starring Filippo Timi and Antonia Truppo. This Italian/Spanish language film directed by Giuseppe Capotondi is about as interesting as it can get with its 96 minutes of intrigue and detail. It hooks the viewer right from the first frame. Superbly acted, directed and edited, I found myself looking at my watch, not out of boredom but, to the contrary, so involved in the film that I was hoping the time was wrong and there was still a lot more footage to be experienced. Simply stated, I just didn’t want the film to end. Encumbered by the English titles, normally an obstacle for any film, the titles and audio molded into one as I sat on the edge of my seat and let the action, plot and story unfold. I strongly recommend this film and, without hesitation, give it a strong 3 star rating..

No comments:

Post a Comment